This is to inform the general public, particularly the 2019/2020 graduands of Achievers University that the “Release of the Achievers Batch X” will take place at the 10th Convocation of the University holding between Monday, 19th April and Sunday, 25th April, 2021.
Apart from admission of graduating students to masters and first degrees, as well as presentation of prizes to deserving students on Saturday, 24th April, 2021, Engr. Prof. Joseph Obofoni Odigure Registrar/Chief Executive, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN), will deliver the 10th Convocation Lecture titled “The Reality of University Programme Education Objectives: Post-Convocation Life” on Friday, 23rd April, 2021.
Also, honorary doctorate degree awards will be conferred on these three distinguished personalities: Engr. Prof. Joseph Obofoni Odigure; Mr. Foluso Bamidele Falaye President/Managing Director, CBC EMEA Ltd; and Hon. Justice Adesuyi Olateru-Olagbegi, Emeritus Judge.
Monday, 19th April, 2021
|Event 1 (10:00 AM)|
Press Briefing by the Vice Chancellor, Prof S.O. Aje
Thursday, 22nd April, 2021
|Event 2 (3:00 PM)|
Novelty Football Match between staff and students
Friday, 23rd April, 2021
|Event 3 (10.00 AM)|
Commissioning of First Phase of College of Engineering and Technology Complex by Engr. Prof. Joseph Obofoni Odigure, Registrar/CEO, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
|Event 4 (11:00 AM)|
Convocation Lecture to be delivered by Engr. Prof. Joseph Obofoni Odigure.
|Event 5 (2:00 PM)|
Jumat Thanksgiving Service
|Central Mosque, Owo|
|Event 6 (4:00 PM)|
Novelty Lawn Tennis Match
|Event 7 (6:00 PM)|
|Mydas Resort & Hotels, Owo-Ikare Road, Owo|
|Day 4 Saturday, 24th April, 2021||Event 8 (11.00 AM)|
– Award of Degrees/Prizes
– Award of Honorary Degrees
|Day 5 Event Sunday, 25th April, 2021||Event 9 (10.00 AM)|
Christian Thanksgiving Service
|Chapel of Grace and Glory, Achievers University, Owo|
SPECIAL GUEST OF HONOUR
Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN
Executive Governor of Ondo State
ROYAL FATHER OF THE DAY
His Imperial Majesty Oba Ajibade Gbadegesin
The Olowo of Owo Kingdom
INFORMATION FOR GRADUANDS
- All the 2019/2020 graduating students are advised to check their names on the list of graduands displayed on the University website: www.achievers.edu.ng.
- Convocation fee of N50,000 (for Postgraduate Degree graduands) and N40,000 (for First Degree graduands) should be paid into the University account at Ecobank Plc A/C No 5282039914.
- All graduands are to report on campus on Friday, 23rd April, 2021 to attend the Convocation Lecture, which commences at 11.00am and participate fully in a dress rehearsal of the graduands’ procession at 4.00 pm. Graduands who fail to attend the rehearsal and the Convocation Lecture will not be allowed to participate in the procession on the Convocation Day.
- Please, note that it is compulsory for all graduands to attend the Convocation Lecture and the Convocation. However, those who may not be able to attend for any reason are expected to give the Registrar prior notice and obtain written permission from him. Graduands who participate in the Convocation Lecture, rehearsal and procession will collect their certificates immediately after the Convocation Ceremony. Those who fail to do so, apart from paying a collection fee of N10,000 as penalty, will only be issued their certificates six months after the Convocation Day.
- All graduands are expected to be at the venue of the Convocation Lecture and Convocation 30 minutes before the commencement of the events.
- Every graduand is enjoined to collect two invitation cards for his/her parents/guardians on or before Friday, 23rd April, 2021 at the University Registry.
- All graduands are expected to dress formally, decently and corporately.
- Collection of academic outfits will commence on Wednesday, 21st April, 2021 at the University Registry on presentation of “Convocation Clearance”.
Rev. Canon S. B. Oladimeji