B.Sc Bridge PROGRAMME
The scheme is designed to link HND holders and professionals in specific programmes listed hereunder with the University Degree programmes. It is non-residential and fully integrated with the full time programmes. The programmes that are scheduled to participate in the scheme are:
A. COLLEGE OF SOCIAL & MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (COSMAS)
B.Sc Business Administration
B.Sc Banking & Finance
B. COLLEGE OF NATURAL & APPLIED SCIENCES (CONAS)
B.Sc Computer and Information Systems
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
(a) The Degree programmes listed above shall run for six (6) semesters (3 Academic Sessions) for HND holders.
15-point Operational Guidelines for all B. Sc Bridge Students for 2013/2014 Academic Session
- Basic qualification for admission
- Five credits including English, Mathematics and other specific subjects relevant to course of study
- HND with a minimum of Lower Credit in Banking and Finance, Accountancy, Computer Science, Marketing, Insurance, Mathematics, Statistic, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Secretarial Studies and the following professional qualifications: ACA, ACCA, ACIB, ACIS, ACIN,ACIT or NCE with minimum of merit grade in relevant subjects.
- Admission process is online. Apply online and print your admission letter.
- Candidate may also obtain the hard copy of admission form from the Registrar's office in the University or any of it's Liason offices listed below.
- Semester by Semester registration must be completed on the scheduled dates to sustain studentship status. Failure to register at the appropriate time attracts penalties as would be communicated to students from time to time.
- Package due for collection on completion of Registration for the 1st semester
- University students handbook
- College handbook
- Student I D card
- Course Material
- Bridge Programme handbook
These are collectable from the University or any of the University Liason offices listed below after full registration as a student.
- Status on registration
Upon successful registration, you become a bonafide student of Achievers University with all rights and privileges.
You are eligible to robe and participate in the matriculation of new students for 2013/2014 session.
- University Liaison offices
For collection of hard copies of Admission forms, collection of materials and other necessary assistance/enquiries, find below a list of University Liaison offices.
Twins Square Education,
Jabi, Abuja (08055424904, 08034037476)
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Hollaram Educational Services,
3, Methodist Street, Gbogi Quarters,
Oyemekun Road, Akure. (08030576116, 08033746527)
- IBADAN 1
Achievers High School,
No. 4 Oshuntokun Avenue,
Old Bodija,Ibadan. (08031375724, 08060441164)
- IBADAN 2
BAKOJ Global Resources Network Ltd.,
Trumed Chemist Building,
State Hospital Road, Adeoyo, Ibadan.(08034725935)
Space Tutors Limited,
111A Abdulazeez Attah Road,
Opp. B. Division Police Station, Surulere,Ilorin.
- LAGOS 1
Legacy Associates Ltd,
Olatunji House, 299 Ikorodu Road,
Idi-Iroko Maryland, Lagos.
- LAGOS 2
Clempercy Knowledge Centre
229/231 Egbeda-Idimu Road
New Wave Educational Consult,
c/o St. Charles Grammar School,
Ilesha Road, Osogbo. (08066435737)
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Omo-Oye Educational Centre,
Owode Agoro Road,
Ota, Ogun State. (08033189346, 08093189346)
Directorate of Distance Learning and Foundation Programmes,
Achievers University, Owo.
Attendance of Lectures
For each of the courses registered for each semester, students are to attend lectures at the permanent site of the University at km 1, Idasen/Ute road, Owo. Lectures hold from friday evening through saturday to sunday morning (in some instances). 70% Class attendance is mandatory and attendance is monitored by Biometrics. A minimum of 70% class attendance is required to be eligible to write each semester examination.
The Continous Assessment is based on attendance, assignment, snap tests and mid-semester tests which would account for 30% of your score for each semester.
Each semester examination would hold as shall be indicated in the Academic Calendar for each session. All examinations shall hold at the premises of the university.
Each Semester, bridge students are expected to participate in intensive revision lectures for 1 week (Monday - Saturday) and the following week to write the semester exam also in 1 week (Monday - Saturday). In effect, bridge students should prepare to be in Owo for two (2) full weeks at the end of each semester.
This would be released promptly as indicated in the Academic Calendar and be sent to you via the email address supplied in your registration forms.
- Schedule of Fees for the 2013/2014 Academic Session
Under no circumstance would fee defaulters be allowed to write the University examination.
- Application form - N5,500.
- Tuition per Semester - N60,000.00
- Course manual per Semester - N3,000
- Acceptance fees payable on admission - N20,000
- Development Levy per Session - N20,000
- Payment must be made during the registration period.
- Late payment attracts N25,000 penalty per semester
- Regime of Fees
There are two (2) regimes as follows
- a) Full Payment
Full payment of all the fees payable (excluding application form) on admission or before 15th November 2013 attracts 10% discount.
- b) Installmental Payment
Acceptance fee, development fee and each semester fee must be paid during 1st Semester registration period.
Bridge students are advised to arrange for their private accomodation while in Owo. The University provides limited accomodation for students particularly during the revision week and the examination week. However, these are of limited number.